Monday, November 22, 2004

Saving 4 lives, very easily. . .

I gave blood today. They had the Red Cross set up on campus so I decided to go save 4 lives. That's right. I'm a hero.

Also, today's the anniversary of the JFK assasination. FYI.

I need some new suggestions on books. If anyone is reading this and has half a brain, please give me some new book ideas.

So XBF called last night. Actually he sent a text, which I think is the pansy way of doing things, but oh well. I texted him back about 3 hours later, because we were recording our Christmas CD and my phone was off. Since he contacted me by text, I thought it was fair that I could respond with text. Then he called; we talked for an hour. This is the worst part-I didn't\don't care. It wasn't that fun to talk. Honestly. I mean it was nice in the way that. . . I'm trying to think of some brilliant analogy, but it's just not coming. . . at any rate, it wasn't that great. We just chatted about life, work, me at school, and other useless things. Then he told me about the car he got, (not new, but new to him), and how it's not the best make-out car, he thinks. I had no idea what to say, so I mumbled something like, "Well, that's probably ok." I don't really even care about the cars make-out capacity; I'm not going to kiss him ever again. We hung up at 12:30 after talking for 50 minutes.

I am ridiculously over him, and I feel like a stone for not caring.
Can't I just be done with this stage in my life?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Book suggestions:
East of Eden, The Chosen, The Red Tent, Secret Life of Bees, Dandelion Wine, Angels & Demons, Girl with a Pearl Earring.
Loved each and every one of these.

Good job on giving blood. I am so squeamish, I am too scared to be a hero and save a life. I don't even know what blood type I have.