Wednesday, December 22, 2004

13 Things that have transpired in the time that has elapsed since I've been home

13.The woman at at Wal-Mart called me “Hon,” and wished me, “Merry Christmas Dear.”I felt like I was seven. Or seventy-three.
12.Watched Elf twice. Once with my parents, and once with Jess.
11. Sent an excellent package to North Carolina
10. Made a horribly shaped fortune cookie with sprinkles on it with Jess and little sister. Rebecca instructed me to write “Merry Christmas” or the Japanese characters of the equivalent. Vetoed both of those options. Rebelled and wrote, “Joyeux Noel.” Take that.
9. Have acquired a bajillion, yes that's right, a bajillion receipts from buying things at Old Navy, Target, Meier& Frank, Toys R Us, Barnes and Noble, Magical Moon Toys. Unfortunately, the foolish oaf that I am, I write important things on these receipts and then because it's the Christmas season and I'm losing my mind, I forget which receipt the important information is on and I sort through them all.
8. Been pleasantly surprised at the stores that offer complementary(and may I add, cute) gift wrap. Bless you!
7. Drank 7 glasses of matte with Dawson today, in fact. Had quite a good time. Loving the matte.
6. Did not reply to XBF text. No need.
5. Enjoyed the beautiful snow. It has been almost. . . majestic. I love it! It makes my heart jump.
4. Spent quality time with my mom. How I love her! She truly is a saint.
3. Have frequented Sonic twice. Been loving the “Wacky Pack Kids Meal.” Never mind that I am certainly not under 12. Oh well, young at heart, right?
2. Was lucky enough to attend the Mo-Tab Christmas concert Sunday morning. Did a little crying as the guest narrator sang “My Wonderful You,” to his sweetheart of 40 something years.
1. Currently have in my possession, 3 remote control cars. For whom, you ask? Not a little brother, not a nephew, not a child of my own. My 51 year old father. He is going to have a fabulous time running it all over our house on Christmas day!


Life is good. I feel blessed to have a cheerful disposition as my default setting. I have challenges too, but I feel blessed to be able to deal with them, and offer a smile and a hand to others. God Bless.

No comments: