Thursday, January 13, 2005

Why is it that people think I know my alphabet because I work at a library. I mean, I know my alphabet, but doesn't anyone else ever get just a little confused and has to sing the song? I get confused in the M-V range. Up to that point I am top-dollar. I got into work about twenty minutes ago and someone asked for a book on reserve and I had to find it, so I had to sing the song in my head, and then I realized how stupid I must look searching for Higbee, David in the isle that is clearly marked Mc Mahon to Peronss. Seriously. How old am I!?!

Right now I'm at work. I really should be working on my class work, inasmuch as I have an enormous amount to read, but I'd rather blog. When I'm at home working on papers, I play this game with myself where I get rewards for doing my work. If I complete a paragraph, I treat myself to a game of solitare. So, tonight while I work, I think I'll treat myself to a paragraph of blogging after I read one article for class. Aren't you glad I let you in on the rules of my games?

May I tell you what kind of mother I have? Coming up to school, I always forget something, whether it be my coat, sheets, backpack, books, et al. This time I forgot one very important thing: My cell phone charger. I left it conviently it plugged in my bedroom. I called my mother Wednesday morning to figure out how exactly to get it back; the days prior I just used it till it was dead and then mooched off someone who had the same phone. This sweet woman told me she would send it off that very day, and asked if I needed anything else while she was sending the charger. I couldn't think of anything, and left the contents of the package to her discretion. Today I recieved a package in the mail. The contents were as follows: 1 Verizon LG cell phone charger packed with 4 pairs of very cute underware and 1 pair of contact lenses, vision being 3.75 and 4.00. Basically, my mother is wonderful. There was a note that said, "Hope you're having a great day! You left a lot of underware at home, so here's some of it. I thought you might need the contacts. Love, Mom" Moms-- you gotta love 'em. I just think that the fact that she walked into the post office with four pair(is underware really a "pair"? wouldn't there have to be multiple underware's? Any thoughts on that, please let me know),of underware is pretty funny to me. I am lucky to have a mother who will ship underware to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. My mom sent some pretty interesting things to me when I lived in New Hampshire. It's a good thing UPS never opened the packages.

Alice said...

It is a good thing I don't work in a library... I still think that xyz is one letter... or something you are supposed to tell people when their zipper is down. Letters... how complicated they can be.

Pair of panties? Great question... maybe we are supposed to have a matching bra for all of our panties... making them a pair?