Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Dear ------,

Since we met, I've been playing the games differently. Actually playing for once Trying new tatics and strategy. And strangely enough, it's been working. I started with low expectations, and you have certainly raised the bar, and the stakes. I'm investing now. I thought this would just be a number for you, but you assure me it's not. Sometimes I still doubt myself and you. But I've made the decision to dive in. Forget about the escapades and give it a try. I may get my heart broken. So be it. If I get to see the window into your soul, it will be worth it. It's already worth it. You've shown me parts of you I didn't think existed. Thoughts and ideas I didn't know you were capable of having. Not to say I thought you incompetent, but I didn't see the depth during our first encounter. You make me fight for it. You make me make decisions based on fact and knowledge. You have encouraged me to examine my culture, and find out the reasons I have feelings and fear. Your introspection amazes me and attracts me to you. For the first time, I have found myself truly physically attracted as well as intellectually, as cheesy as that sounds. It has been so fun to have a stimulating conversation with you. I hang up the phone and feel as though I have been fed. You care for me despite my silly stupidity and assure me that it's
"cute" and you love putting up with me. For that I am truly grateful.
You let me play. You let me be "the girl next door". You let me be sexy and you let me know how much you enjoy it. You inspire me to be better and reminde me that I'm worth it.

Thank you for a glimpse of the real you.

It is incredible.

Your shooting Star

6 comments:

kacy faulconer said...

Is this to me? I'm flattered. . . I don't know what to say.

M.A. said...

sounds like a good one

Alicia said...

Kacy, of course and I'm so embarrassed ;) not. :P

Alice said...

Kacy so stole my comment. I even had it written out in word before I clicked on comments... great minds think a like I guess - That, or you want us both.

My second place comment is... at least it isn't actually your own blog you are expressing your undying love to... but someone of flesh and blood. IMPRESSIVE!

Alicia said...

definitly wanting you both.
bad.
;)

Suzie Petunia said...

After 9 years of marriage... I forgot I once felt like this. Scary (for me). Happy to know beautiful, swelling feelings still float about.