When you decide to play the stock market, sometimes you get screwed. If you don't research enough about the company, invest in a poor company, or simply get fooled by clever marketing, you get screwed. When seriously thinking about the market, one needs to decide the long term growth potential of the particular company, how many shares to buy, and how closely they aim on watching their stocks. This of course is a risky business, but the pay offs could be huge if they choose correctly. If the company goes out, they have a duty to let their stockholder(s) know. Chances are, the stockholder will find out because of subtle signals and clues and notices that the value of their stock has gone down drastically. However, the company still will send a nice note in the mail, letting the stockholder know that they have been screwed. Ooops. Recently I invested in a "company". I have seen the value of my stock going down in the last month.
Thanks for taking care of my investment Rose. Guess I shouldn't bother checking my mail.
10 comments:
Funny, but my husband just yelled out from the other room: "Hey, we made $127 dollars on our stocks today!" I guess you win some and you lose some. Trust me...we've done plenty of losing!
Dude - Are you ranting about the stock market? I have never hear someone so bitter towards the stock market! HOLY SHIT!
For a very brief moment I dated a trader... it ended because he offered me no assistance in the market. Hello - realtionship benefits please!
Star, I totally know how you feel in this whole relationship game. It's hard to play and it hurts to loose. I've been told that there's nothing scarier than relationships because you have to invest yourself so fully into them, completely putting yourself on the line, and then if it doesn't work out it sucks but there's nothing you can do. You just have to keep playing and hope that eventually it will work out.
Right you are, anonymous. And it will work out.
Ok, now I'm lost. We're discussing a relationship and NOT the stock exchange? I feel a bit sheepish...baaaah!
Oh dear Suzie, I'm such a dork that I wrote my relationship woes in my stupid metaphor of the stock market. I'm not sure who anonymous is and how exactly they caught my bitter stock market scenario, but it was funny to get everyone's real stocks experience. ;)
I like the market analogy. ALOT. I am currently invested minimally in about 4 companies. Some are paying out, some I am selling. The one who's "dividend" I really enjoy, is unfortunately not heavily into investor relations.
HA! =)
Man... the whole time I really thought we were talking stocks of the wall street kind.
I so wish I had written this!!!
How very clever you are Star.
This post has been more fun than I anticipated. It's been funny getting wall street stock commments from people. I'm thinking I may revamp this post at a later time and use it for a paper or something. You never know when you need a semi bitter carefully crafted "scenario" to put out there. . . ;)
Post a Comment