Thursday, December 16, 2004

I need to blog about the ice scraper.
Tuesday night Hi and I decided to go to the gym. As we were leaving, Mog ran up to the car and wanted us to take her up to campus. She climbed in the back seat inasmuch as I was up front. Let's talk about the back seat. I would assume, the most people, unless they transport mass quantities of people at regular intervals, are not fully aware of what is in their back seat, nor do they care. Furthermore, in the winter time in Logan one always keeps an ice scraper in their car. The trouble began when Mog hurriedly climbed into the car without looking at what was on her seat. As you well may guess, 'twas an ice scraper. Mog, horrified and in intense pain, screamed out, "YOWZAAAAAAAA!" Actually, it probably wasn't "Yowza," but I can't type anything closer. Now this being finals week, both Hi and I were quite sleep deprived, we found this to be ridiculously hilarious. Mog just sat on an ice scraper!

She was rubbing her backside, and I lost it. All self control went out the window into the 23 degree air. Mog adamantly said, "It's not funny! It hurts!!!" And at that moment I wanted so badly to care, to have sympathy. But for all the cheese cake in the world, I could not. I jammed my water bottle in my mouth to occupy it so I wouldn't laugh. As I held in my laughter the four blocks to the gym, I think the laughter leaked out of my eyes in the form of tears. Hi tried to console her by commenting, "Well, now you know how the windshield feels." Not a smile. I, on the other hand, was shaking close to violently with bottled up laughter. As we approached the stop light, I knew that I needed to say something that we could laugh about. But it couldn't be about Mog. So it had to be about something unrelated, but that Hi and I could release our Mog laughter through. I looked ahead. There was an orange mustang. I knew this was it. And so I said,

"I wish we were in that orange mustang with that man! It would be
incredible! And all three of us,(me, Hi, old man) would be sitting up in the
front. And he would have horrible breath. And it would be really awkward and we
would be sitting in silence. And trying to think of how to make
conversation."


Hi and I busted up laughing as we both pictured this scenario. At that moment I could honestly smell the man's breath. Mog replied, "You are more random than I am." Clearly, she was unimpressed. Hi and I loved the moment.

So Mog was playing the victim card. Hi left a note on my door that said, "Mog showed me the hole in her pants. And she has a big scratch on her butt." I nearly died laughing. I needed this freakish experience this week.

On a much less exciting note, I had a job interview at the library yesterday. It went well. I really hope I get it. It would be a great job and I could keep it for the next two and a half years. The interviewers,(there were 3), were very nice and laid back. It will be about 20 hours a week, if I get the job, which would be perfect for my schedule. I felt like I interview well. One problem I have is when there are multiple interviewers, I never know who I'm supposed to look at. I realize that the easiest thing is to look at the person speaking, but it's weird when all three people are gazing intently at you. Oh that I had three sets of eyes.

Then I'd have other problems.

No comments: