Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Good Texts make for giggles. . .28

I’ve been meaning to blog about a few things. As I start this, I’m at work,and luckily, this job gives me the opportunity to surf the net andmost importantly, blog.-It is so very interesting to see people’s perceptions of you.

My date with Toasteroven and his blog of our date were very intriguing. Honestly, I guess I was a little surprised at the way he perceived me. Some things, I felt were, right on and I would agree with. Other observations that amused me and caused some thought. I thought it also funny that TO says that my answers to the quiz fit his description of me on his blog. How queer. I’ve never thought much about blog personality vs. real life personality. It’s interesting to know someone only from a writing/blog persona. Toasteroven was much like his blog, but at the same time not. What an interesting little blogging world we all participate it. All in all, the date was fun.The symphony was beautiful; music always is.


The first week of a new semester is always an adventure. Professors, jobs,students, crazy roommates- the whole thing can be a littleoverwhelming. It’s weird to have a roommate back after she’s beengone a whole semester. I have so enjoyed having my own space and havebeen truly spoiled since Mary Anne’s been gone. The circumstancesthat forced her to quit the semester early,( getting hit by a carwhile crossing the crosswalk), were not that great, and I wish itwouldn’t have happened, but it’s been prime to have more space. Ilove to just be alone in my room listening to my music and justpondering. Having that time and freedom to just be. . . Oh well. Back to reality .



I think one of the scariest, special and most rewarding things in life is to hold someone when they cry. Tonight it was Ben. I saw him, and I knew something was wrong. He wasn't Ben. I asked him if there was anything I could do to help. All he said was, "Pray for my dad." His eyes filled with tears, and as I wrapped my arms around him, I felt horrible at the fact that this was all I could do. As I stood there holding him while he cried, people walked by and I'm sure stared. We were in a public place, but neither of us cared. I felt his body shake and his tears on my shoulder. My heart aches for him tonight. And so I will pray.

No comments: