Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Oh wow. Now I can blog about what I really wanted too since I'm ok from my recent encounter with Mr. Poli-sci.

This weekend was truly interesting. And quite fun. I went home on Friday night. I went out with S. We were planning on going to Gateway to dinner with his friends, but they ended up wanting us to meet them at South Towne. Fine with me. More quality time to get to know each other since this was our first date. We'd hung out with mutual friends,(his sister, my ex-boyfriend, other random people), but we'd never spent anytime alone together. Both of us had already eaten, so when we met the other two couples at Olive Garden, we both just wanted dessert. S. is a good dater. He should be by now. . . There's a lot of things I really admire and like about him. And the fact that he finished school 2 years ago and has a real job doesn't hurt either. Anyway, he did all the considerate things and I really appreciated it. LJM was fairly good about that kind of stuff, but I don't know, S. is different. So dinner/dessert was really fun. One of his friends, Big Derrick,(this guy is huge. 290 lbs. I thought he was going to eat me), his parents live in Alpine and have this pimped out house complete with a movie theater. So we drove down there and watched Independence Day. I quite enjoyed myself. I didn't get home until quarter to four. It was quite fabulous. However, I want to take things slow. I'm not in a hurry to get into another relationship. I realize a lot of the mistakes I made with LJM, and I don't want to screw things up with S. I saw S. last night before I came back up. We'll see. . .

I've had fun reading www.variousstagesofmormondom.blogspot.com
It's fun to read everyones stories. This crazy Mormon life that links us all, whether people are in it now, used to be or might "get in." I love it!

4 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Sounds like a nice guy, and for what it's worth, I think relationships can only turn out good when they are "taken slow".

I've only read a couple of your blogs, but I always kind of wanted to work at the library while in school. I had a serious crush on one very tall, dark and extrememly handsome RM who worked there. He was one of those "security guards" that would sit at a desk by the south door (before the renovation) in the blazers with a made-up emblem on the breast pocket. All he did was accept books being returned, but my heart beat a little bit fast every time I returned a book. We knew each other's families from "way back" when we were in the same ward as kids, but the small talk never went anywhere. Sad.

Alice said...

So… would you ever tell a S about your blog? At what point in your dating? (just find it interesting and being nosy). S sounds awesome… and if he turns out not to be someone else IS.

Thanks for the VSoM shout out.

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alicia said...

Rebecca-I don't know if/when I would tell him. To my knowledge only 3 people who I know in real life read my blog. I would be hesitant to have someone I date read it. I think I would lose some of the freedom I feel about blogging. Then I might have to create another "secret" blog, or become totally open with that part of a relationship. I love you being nosy. ;) Why not, and by all means continue.

And I really love VSoM. Definitly a fun part of my day!

Suzie- How funny that you always wanted to work at a library! The part I work in is actually pretty cushy. I do minimal work. I'm not looking foward to the day I get transferred to a different section. Thanks for reading. Your blog makes me laugh.