Sunday, February 20, 2005

Can I be bothered if

1. He didn't call (or for that matter do anything) on Valentine's Day?
2. Instead sent a text message?
3. Says he misses me like crazy yet knows I am in town and
4. Does nothing?
5. Makes plans with ex boyfriend and other supposedly (according to him) "lame people" by 6:00 Saturday night, without letting me know?(we were going to do something)
6. He left a voicemail saying he would take me to lunch Monday to make up for not hanging out or going on a date Saturday night?(Does a lunch make up for it? A half hour lunch is not the appropriate reparation for being being home since Friday night and not seeing each other.)
7. He has not contacted me today to confirm said lunch date for. . . Tomorrow!?
8. He didn't respond to my Tuesday email where I let him know some major concerns and doubts I was having regarding our relationship. Got a text that said, "you're my #1". Thanks teammate, why don't you slap my butt too. Oh an a cheesy foam pointy finger thing.
9. he won't step up and initiate? anything?
10. he calls tomorrow at 11, and wants to go to lunch at 12? and do I swallow my pride and do it, or stand my ground?

Did I mention we haven't seen each other in 3 weeks?

I don't want to screw this up. But maybe I've built it into something it's not.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

No problem. I think you're super funny.

eleka nahmen said...

"He's just not that into you" - haha! So many points for using my current favorite phrase :D

She has a point though... I've come to the conclusion that if one ever has to *wonder* whether a guy is truly interested in her or not, he prolly isn't. Men aren't the best at sending subtle signals. Any that they send are likely gonna be dead obvious.. and so if they aren't obvious.. chances are he wasn't trying to do anything at all. That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

On a completely unrelated note - the best piece of relationship advice I ever got (which happened to be from an episode of Will & Grace): "It shouldn't be this hard."

Carly said...

He sounds like a worse spazzgeek than even Kacy. Dump his spazzgeeky bottom.