In the last two days I have:
1. Been hit by a wheelchair, spinning at ramming speed. Kenneth was coming down the wheel chair ramp and apparently couldn't stop. I was just having a leisurly conversation with Clark and Lynn when I felt this tremendous blow to my left ankle. I looked down and saw Kenneth sprawled on the floor with his wheel chair on top of him. I thought it was a joke at first. Not so much. My ankle actually hurt a lot, but you really can't make a fuss when there's a guy on the floor who fell out of his wheel chair. Ken asked me if I was ok, so I had to assure him that I was fine. As I walked away with Clark, he made sure my ankle was really ok. It's a bit scraped up, but I think it was worth the experience
2. Had a Bridget Jones moment. I ran into my apartment at 1:00 am in "very tiny knickers". Did this because 20 minutes earlier the employees at Taco Bell decided not to seal up my bean burrito, thus cause the contents to fall downwards while driving, directly into my crotch. Did I mention the beans were super hot? Needless to say, something strange drove me to remove pants in the car and haul to my apartment in said knickers. No one saw. . . I think.
3. Seen too much tacky/ lingerie. Have been shopping for a bridal shower, of which I will attend this evening. Still have not made a purchase. Thought very seriously of buying the bathtub dice, but knew that wouldn't "float" at this shower. Have very specific requirements for my future lingerie needs. Bring it on.
4. Had the misfortune of being asked about 4 times if I needed any help picking out lingerie. Mind you, the individual asking me this was about 5'5" bald, surly and had a mess of tatoos up and down his appendages. It was sort of awkward having him touch all these lacy things. Didn't so much like it.
5. Felt slightly bothered about the quote on the bridal shower invite. At the top it reads, "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". I loved Moulin Rouge, and I know this couple. And they do not have the chemistry, nor the passion, nor the singing voices of Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor. And I think it was cheesy to use that on the top of a bridal shower announcement. It would be cheesy anywhere, but more appropriate on those horrible colored napkins that stain your mouth.
6 comments:
"And they do not have the chemistry, nor the passion, nor the singing voices of Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor"
LOL...You kill me.
Hope the bridal shower was fun anyway...despite the cheesiness.
Umm... where on earth are you shopping for your lingerie? The Castro in San Francisco? I recommend trying out a place that caters to the ladies...
Oh dear me. I feel so sorry for the Moulin Rouge wannabe quoting couple. Haven't they heard of decorum? A nice Lord of the Rings quote would have done very nicely but no, they had to go and make us all feel uncomfortable with an allusion that they have neither the chemistry nor the passion to live up to. Get them the bathtub dice. They are asking for it.
I laughed so hard when I read #1. I mean I am sorry about your ankle, but the visual is great.
To all you beautiful people- I'm so glad everyone thought the quote was lame. The bridal shower was, well, a bridal shower. Cheesy games, and talk about sex from girls who have never had sex.
also, the ankle is fine. I'm sucking it up.
Rebecca-Logan. I dare You to find something in that town ;)
Star, you're an absolute freaking gem.
It's too bad we didn't get to be around each other longer. I wish I'd gotten to see this out of you when were in Salt Lake.
Oi vey, our respective man/woman plates are full anyway....
Oh, and you'd be surprised at how much about sex some girls know. That haven't had it. Okay, I better shut up before I look a like a bigger moron.
Post a Comment