This is going to be a jumpy, discombobulated post.
I am amazed at the competitive nature of us all.
Tonight I was in semi-in-charge of a "cooperative learning activity" with about 250 people. There were 8 of us jointly in charge, and 3 people bailed. So that left five of us. (Shut up Star, your blogging friends can do math. Stupid!) I was supposed to be sort of on the sidelines observing and making sure everything didn't get too crazy. Instead because of the subtraction that took place with out notifying me, I was the "Group-Pictionary" leader. First of all, the person that was supposed to lead this game and had a list of topics prepared was one who decided to minus themselves from this game equation. So, I had to think of categories, and stupid things for people to draw in those categories. Suffice it to say, my categories sucked royally. But on to the comptetiveness part of this story. These supposed "adults" bitched and moaned about every little thing. "We totally got it before them!" They fought me on everything. People got in each other's faces over who got a point and who guessed first. Sometimes I think games bring out the worst in people. Or at least this seventh grade I-have-to-win-or-I'll-never-be-able-to-be-cool-again mentality.
I've been to the gym a lot the past couple weeks. It has been really good for me. It clears my mind, and my soul. And losing a few pounds makes me feel even better. When I come home and I'm sore, it feels so good. Good to know that I've pushed myself and that I've made this body do something useful.
Right now I'm wearing, let's see. . . 8 different colors of blue(including my eyes). And none of them match. I came into work right after the gym and have my gym pants on but a clean light blue shirt. I was cold when I came in, and I found this terrifically small blue jacket and forced it on my un-small sized self. I can zip it up, but it certainly doesn't flatter me. Un-intentionally, I have lovely blue underware's. If Rebecca or Carrie Ann could see me, they would not like what they see. I would feel very silly inasmuch as I consider both of them to have fantastic fashion sense. However, the only people I'm seeing tonight are tired, over-worked, starved, procrastinating students who just want me to find their books and don't really care what I look like. Oh how I hope that BB doesn't come in tonight. It would be horrifying.
I think I'm learning that I can't predict relationships. I think that's a good thing to learn.
3 comments:
So I can’t believe I missed you earlier BB post. Beautiful!!
AND I love the blog world because I have you fooled that I have fantastic fashion sense!
AWESOME.
I love blue, so I don't think you can go wrong.
Clearly, I am not among those listed who have good fashion sense, though. This is for good reason.
Kaycee, you may very well have fabulous fashion sense that I am not aware of. Rebecca and Carrie Ann just have made their fashion "awareness" known and brought us all to blog shame. :D (not really) I'm not even qualified to write a post on hosiery or handbags.
Post a Comment