Thursday, March 10, 2005

Went on a date tonight. Got asked out for said date at 11:40 last night. Was not wearing contacts or bra when asked out. Despite being semi-annoyed at the short notice, it turned out to be a fun night. These are the reasons why it was a decent/good first date:

1. The duration of the date was short, and he was considerate of the time issue. He knew I had to work tonight-he picked me up at 5:30 and the date ended at 7:40. Lovely
2. Didn't make stupid conversation ie, ask me my major, what town I'm from. Actually had semi-intellectual conversation.
3. Was not visibly freaked out when I mentioned my obsession with Richard Nixon.
4. Behaved like a gentlemen. Good manners are certainly not overrated.
5. Doorstep scene was short and sweet. I said thank you, it was fun. He said the same. We hugged. I'm inside.

Short. Easy. Not too painful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, is your name Jennifer?

Suzie Petunia said...

Ah...sometimes I miss dating... the suspense...the anticipation! Thanks for sharing.

And unless you personally KNOW this "funky fresh freddie" guy, don't click on his site. He made a non-comment-type-comment once on my blog and I was subjected to his porn-party-pictures. Spare yourself.

Obsconder said...

"Not to painful"?

Is that all you're looking for?

Do you foresee a second date with this gentleman who swept you off your feet?

Alicia said...

Definitly no chemistry. And surely no second date.