| | This morning I was forced, (and by forced I mean I made "me"), to take a two hour nap in the lounge. It was a delicious moment, the sleep and after two precious hours I woke up to the buzz of people giving out free icecream. Unfortunatly, I also woke up to find my matted hair and sleep lined face sitting in a small, I'll have it be known, puddle of drool. huh. eww. So I did what every sleep deprived college student would do-wiped my face and got the free ice cream. Twice.
On an extremely unrelated note, I have begun to think of myself as somewhat of a mechanic. I'm not exactly a "city bumpkin" if you will, yet not really a hardcore fix-everything-herself kind of woman. I am somewhere in between. However, this year, I have discovered that I have the incredible talent to: a) Unclog my kitchen sink, which someone put a plethora of potato peels down, with a plunger. I felt almost superhuman when the vomitous mess got sent back into disposal hell where it belonged. b) Change my headlight in my vehicle. The crowning moment of that achievment was when I looked at my hands. They were greased. c) Jump start my car at 3:30 am without harming myself, the messenger of mercy, my vehicle or the life giving vehicle. Did just that last night. Will admit, this was my first time, and holy carp I am good. Lis and I did a nice little "high five-chest bump-slap-clap-yell" thingy and it was hot. I swear it was. |
4 comments:
I believe all of it, including the hot part. I'm sure the boys would get a kick.
I'm very impressed. My husband is handy. He fixes everything and I've become completely dependent. I can't even change a light bulb any more.
Unclogging sinks makes you feel like a mechanic does it? Interesting...
Confession-Right now there is a lightbulb in my bathroom that I cannot change. I totally wish I could, but somehow it does not work. I think the wires are screwed up.
Post a Comment