Friday, April 11, 2008

It's my party. . .

Yesterday we went to Baby Animal Day. For my birthday. And no we did not take any kids there. Just two semi-adults seeing baby animals. It was my birthday, get off my back ;)




I wanted to stuff a little baby duck in my pocket, but John, being the voice of reason, said no.






So, we thought there would only be farm animals. Not so. This is an African millipede. The lady asked John if he wanted to hold it. He said yes.
After it crawled all over his arm, he gave it back. When we walked out he told me that it was creepy and it totally freaked him out. I had no idea. He was too good at playing it cool.




This is John's llama face.


This rabbit weighed something like 11 lbs


I loved that pig. John thought it was ok till he got peed on.


All in all, a super fun birthday. John got me a new camera, hence all the pictures uploaded so quickly. My mom and sis came up for the day and hung out. I finished the night with a yummy Cafe Sabor dinner and John made it through Hairspray. He gave it a good faith effort, even though he may have had fat John Travolta nightmares.

10 comments:

Madison said...

Fun birthday! And smart man to get you a new camera, I loved all the pictures. He's way too brave to hold creepy crawlies like that. Hope you had a very Happy Birthday!

Got Bombshell? said...

Awww! I love the cow!

Parrish Family said...

Happy Birthday! We went to Baby Animal Day too. Did you find your student directory?

Jessica said...

so cute!
I wish Jaxon and Asher could have gone. They would have loved it.
I have no affinity for animals.
Jaxon keeps begging for a pet. He is so sad that Mark is allergic to cats and dogs. But, he said tonight, "If daddy's not allergic to birds, maybe I could get a bird!"
We'll see :
I hope you had a great birthday.
I'll bet seeing John get peed on by your favorite pig was a present in itself.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Alicia Darling!
Looks like so much fun! I wish I had a baby animal day :)

Hannah Cobabe said...

Happy late birthday. Maybe if we hung out more I would remember/know when your birthday was. We will give you a call soon, I think it is our turn to host. Later gator.

Eliza said...

Happy Birthday! You're so fun, why not go see the baby animals for your birthday? : ), I love your commentary, hilarious!

Marce said...

you are so cute! hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday. you deserve it! xoxo.

Amy said...

Alicia Marie,
I am so glad you found me! And I am glad you have a blog, too. I will be in London this summer studying Linguistics with BYU. I am working for the professor who is taking the group. (I haven't graduated yet, thanks to my forced 16-month hiatus from school. I was a passenger in a bad car accident on I 15 and I am still recovering from surgery.)In the fall I will be back at BYU to finish the Nursing program. One year left!
Where are you two living? Are you done with school?

Tarbets said...

man, wish i could've gone to baby animal day. chris loves pigs. miss your guts! i just found the 4-h job for my little sis to apply for. reminded me of a wonderful summer spent with a beautiful saint who loves little children and their boogers and poop.