I get tired of the infertility blogs and have little in common with singles or fancy pants blogs. When I began this blog, I was a young college student and read similar blogs as well as the "Mommy Blogs." I've found myself somewhere in the middle; several years away from college, but not a mother like I imagined, and not sure where I fit. Somedays I enjoy reading about your children. Other days, it makes me wish for mine.
Monday, January 23, 2012
A spot
It is hard to fit into an online community sometimes. Many of the blogs I enjoy are written by 30-40 something mothers. I find that through my work with children, I empathize, find humor and feel connected to the writers. However, none of the qualities I named about the writers, are part of me. I know I spend too much time looking at cookie-cutter family blogs and seeing how many children people are making, while I have been unsuccessful. My favorites are people who write about themselves, books and generally funny things, and mention their children in humorous ways. I like DIY blogs. I have little DIY knowledge and need a non-toll painting person to assist me in choosing appropriate and manageable projects that don't suck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment